Coming back to blogging after a brief hiatus. Was snowed under with wholesale orders and Valentine’s Day sales at the beginning of the year.
Some of you have written to me asking for a post on fashion trends 2018. Here it is then, the top fashion trends 2018.
Continue reading Fashion Trends 2018 – Style Tips from Deidaa
What is the right colour choice for your complexion?
We covet what we do not have. We go under the knife, use spray tan and botox, to achieve what we aspire to be. However, you do not have to go to such extreme lengths. Using a few simple tricks to select right coloured clothes and accessories you can look good in your own skin.
Right colour choice – Colour is relative
Let us clarify at the outset, colour is not absolute. A shirt or top may look pristine white in broad daylight. Under fluorescent light it will acquire a tinge of blue. An incandescent bulb will impart a yellow tint to the shirt. If you wear the white shirt under artificial light, it may add a ghostly pallor to your face.
Right colour choice – Working with primary colours
As a rule of thumb, primary colours like fire engine red draw colour from the face. Red and white are advancing colours. They make you look bigger than you are. However, you can work around the primary colours by using the tints and tones of these colours. You may opt for a coral dress instead of a red version or an emerald clutch bag as an accent to break the monotony of a black dress. Pure black sharply defines your body contours, so stay away from black unless you are blessed with an hour glass figure.Charcoal or ivory are more flattering than stark black or pristine white.
Right colour choice – Working with pastels
Pure pastels like baby pink, lilac and powder blue are traditionally deemed right for girls with light eyes and hair. However, dusty pastels like peach, caramel and sage are flattering to most complexions and body shapes.
Right colour choice – working with vivid colours
It is high time we shattered the myth that girls with pale complexion should stay away from wearing vivid colours. Bright colours like rust, coral and tangerine add warmth to your cheeks and sparkle to your eyes. This summer, it is about colour and bling, so wear your vibrant kaftans and colourful maxi dresses with aplomb. Still a little diffident? Make small beginnings, start with a colourful beach bag or a fringed scarf and come back for more when you collect compliments by the bagful.
Go girls! Get your colours today!
Style Tips for Spring Summer 2014
Slowly, somewhat erratically, spring is making inroads into the dark days of winter. You are bored with the blacks and the greys, tired of carrying around the puffas and hiding your face under the somewhat menacing hoodies. You yearn for the sensuality of flowing maxi dresses, the freedom of flirty, floaty kaftans and the splash of colour to uplift your soul. But you are not quite sure what are trending this spring summer 2014.
Look no further. Follow the key trends of Spring Summer 2014 listed below and ride the wave of fashion.
- The white shirt: The basic white shirt is a fashion staple. However, in 2014, the white shirt is not so basic anymore. It comes with a twist. It can be asymmetric or embellished with fabric manipulations like appliqué. A reverse appliqué white shirt is a good investment.
- Geometry: Geometry may or may not have been your favourite subject in school but remembering the geometric shapes will stand you in good stead in 2014. Graphic prints rule the roost. Graphic or Aztec printed kaftans are trendy, versatile and comfortable in summer 2014.
- Bling is king: The jeweled look is abundant, in clothes and accessories. Make sure your Aztec kaftan is highlighted with crystals and your beaded clutch bag sparkles with faux gemstones
- Ladylike: Voluminous lady like silhouettes like gathered or puffball dresses and tiered skirts are ideal for the spring racing season and lazy summer afternoons
- English countryside: The demure damsel look is reinforced further by delicate floral prints in pink, coral and aqua blue. Think coral red poppies and bright yellow daisies.
- Lace: Lady like and lace are never apart. Lace in garments like skirts and accessories like scarves completes the Jane Austen look. Finish the look with a lace parasol.
- Black and white: Black and white is here to stay. It manifests itself in stripes, graphic prints and chevrons.
- Cold shoulder: The ’70 flower power theme is taking over the runways. A flowing spaghetti strap maxi dress is reminiscent of the boho chic of the ‘70s. Complete this carefree look with pompom scarves and crochet kaftans.
- Metallic: Metallica and psychedelica bring back the disco fever. Opt for chainmail, sequins and grunge.
- Go orange: Go orange instead of going bananas. Orange is the new black. Wear an orange hand tie dyed kaftan and get your Woodstock look right this summer.